Deciding your wedding songs can be tough and stressful. Music must direct people towards different moods throughout different parts of the wedding. Also, you must consider a broad mix of music, since these will range from choices for the wedding entrance, father-daughter dance, the moment when the party officially starts, and of course the first dance.
Luckily we’re here to help you pick the songs for your special day. We’ve made top 10 lists of suggestions of the most recent and popular wedding songs to fit three of the main moments of your wedding day.
Wedding entrance songs:
After the wedding ceremony, it’s time to party! Break the ice and get everyone into a fun and celebrating mood with these perfect entrance wedding songs. Keep in mind you’ll likely pick wedding songs that are easily recognizable, unless you’re going with an instrumental, movie-kind of entrance. Assuming you’re going for a fun and modern song, here’s our list of suggestions.
- “Sexy Back,” by Justin Timberlake (ft. Timbaland)
- “Sexy and I Know It” by LMFAO
- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet
- “Howlin’ for You” by The Black Keys
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson (ft. Bruno Mars)
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen
- “Happy,” by Pharrel Williams
- “I Believe in a Thing Called Love,” by The Darkness
- “Viva La Vida,” by Coldplay
Father-daughter dance songs:
One of the most moving moments of a wedding is the father-daughter dance. Of all the other wedding songs you must decide on, lyrics are very important on this one. You want a song about love, but only the kind of love shared between a father and a daughter. Here’s our list of suggestions.
- "Come Fly With Me," by Frank Sinatra
- "Unforgettable," by Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole
- "The Way You Look Tonight," by Frank Sinatra
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," by Israel Kamakawiwoole
- "Tiny Dancer,” by Elton John
- "When You Need Me," by Bruce Springsteen
- "You Are So Beautiful," by Joe Cocker
- "Daughters," by John Mayer
- “Isn’t She Lovely,” by Stevie Wonder
- “Ain’t no Sunshine,” by Bill Withers
Now that you are officially married, it’s time to hit the dance floor and enjoy your first dance as a newlywed couple. From classic oldies to more modern hits, this list includes foolproof first-dance picks for every taste. Here’s our list of suggestions.
- “At Last,” by Etta James
- “Marry You,” by Bruno Mars
- “Perfect,” by Ed Sheeran
- “Better Together,” by Jack Johnson
- “Everything,” by Michael Bublé
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” by Elvis Presley
- “Shape of You,” by Ed Sheeran
- “Wonderful Tonight,” by Eric Clapton
- “The Way You Look Tonight,” by Frank Sinatra
- “Signed, Sealed, Deliver (I’m yours),” by Stevie Wonder